Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quiet and Quiant

 Right now I am sitting in a state of quietude and depth.  The clouds lay over me with such a flat belly that it almost seems as if they are set upon a glass table and I'm underneath it.  It's six o'clock, so the sky is a quiant, golden hue that brings out the sharpness of the mountains and clouds. Some of the clouds in the distant sky look like ocean waves, islands with trees, and silhouettes. Sometimes I feel the closest thing to heaven on Earth is the ever-changing ambiance of the sky.  The stars...the moons...sunsets..sunrises...thunderstorms....lightning storms...stubborn rain... piercing cold blue of the Fall season... the white sheet while it snows... How each arrival of day has been uniquely different since dawn,day, and night were created.
 It's times like this where I could just sit for hours if Time would let me. If I were to sit right now and stare, think, write, pray, read,..the scene would change within the next 30 minutes right before my eyes, and then before I would know it, stars would come out and the sun will have vanished and the moon would make its appearance.
  I'm a thinker. However though I am not an introvert. But I'm not overnenthusiastic or completely compelled to be outgoing. It's times like these where I wish I could write as fast as I think so that every drop of imagination, of vision, of thought, would be accounted for and realized. Letters aren't enough to morph together and "tell" what I feel, think, process. Paint isn't enough to blend and brush into exactly what I visualize, imagine, or dream. The cello or piano aren't enough to press or pluck to express exactly the inner feel of my heart, the joy over God, or my inner emotion. All these tools are given to us materialisticly and for the world, but it's God who brings our gifts from above to be passionate about. How are we supposed to 'express' our heavenly gifts? I think love and joy are the main two how-to's in this case. You are invincible with love and indestructible with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment