Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Mind's Epitome of Bliss

Crystal flakes spatter the scene and land like freckles in my hair. A winding course follows me
with each progressing step I take into the glittering snow. An unhurried peace softens my spirits
as my fingertips caress the icy trunks of flocked trees enveloping me. Brawny arms of
evergreens, bearing heaps of unpainted snow, gesture for me to come nearer. I can hear each
crunch as my feet break deeper into the newly-fallen sheets of snow. Towering cedars brood over
a frozen stream lying jaggedly along the ground as untainted water seeps from its cracks.
I veer my eyes upward at the sky and realize the dawn has dyed it to a frosty red. Then as I
close them, I breathe in the tingling gust that frivolously wafts the aromas of pine and mistletoe
over to me. The frigid rush invades my chest, whirling and sighing within me. Then as I exhale,
my senses sharpen and I watch the small white cloud of my breath drift off until it completely
fades away.
Inside me, my heart bounds, enlivened by the purple rays cast aslant through the cerulean
canopy. My irises reflect the contrast between the stain of a cardinal against the abundance of
white and the emerald, needled branches overhanging me. I listen as the faint crush of dropped
snow lands on a fallen, embedded tree in the ground, and above, the bare, nodding limb regains
its rightful pose. My nose crinkles as a spiraling snowflake lands softly on it, and a smile slowly works its way across my face as I feel the quiet, chill arrival of another.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment